RARA-AVIS: Privilege and the Big Clock

Mbdlevin@aol.com
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 13:04:07 EST

Jeff Evans writes in response to my word "privileged":

<< Re: BIG CLOCK--I don't know about the privileged life of the
 characters--it seemed pretty middle class to me .Try the John Farrow
 1948 movie w/ ray Milland and Charles Laughton (or the loose
 remake, NO WAY OUT). >>

In the book at least, the protagonist is high up in a magazine conglomerate. I guess he may not be upper class--he works for a living--but certainly upper middle-class. The Stroud family has a servant/cook who seems to be around a lot, and George collects art. Seems relatively privileged. --Doug