Re: RARA-AVIS: Two Quick Recommendations and One Pan

Mark Blumenthal (
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 14:07:46 -0600

> Just wanted to recommend a couple of books you might
> have missed:
> John D Macdonald -- The Girl, The Gold Watch, and
> Everything
 Doug, It was adapted as a made for tv movie with a sequel, The Girl, the Gold Watch and Dynamite. Along with that fantasy, MacDonald wrote straight science fiction. Planet of the Dreamers is one I still have. I thought The Girl.. was pretty routine. At any rate it's certainly not hard boiled or a noir. Mark