RARA-AVIS: Surrogate

Bill Crider (abc@wt.net)
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 11:48:53 -0600

Thanks to Doug Greene, Kevin, and Jiro for the info on "Surrogate." I agree with Kevin that it's "surprisingly nasty." Shows that Parker was pretty hardboiled at one time, for sure.

I also agree with Doug Bassett about the Alan Caillou book. I very much enjoyed the entire Cabot Cain series. I don't know much about Caillou, either, except that he was also an actor. He once played a giant head in some spoofy TV series about a space-going garbage scow. I've mercifully forgotten the name of the series.

Bill Crider