Re: RARA-AVIS: Ripley on Film

Juri Nummelin (
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 10:53:04 +0200 (EET)

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999 wrote:

> makes Highsmith so memorable). Also not to be missed--even if Ripley is
> bizarrely miscast (Dennis Hopper)--is Wim Wenders "My American Friend" (Mein
> Amerikanisch Freund?--es tut mir leid, mein deutche is sehr rostlich). --Doug

Meine Amerikanisches Freund, I presume. Are there any other German films made from American HB/noir books? I just saw a new anthology of critical essays about relations between Hollywood and European film and there was an article about the American influences in German film. But do they go this far?