Re: RARA-AVIS: Ripley on Film

Juri Nummelin (jurnum@utu.fi)
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 10:53:04 +0200 (EET)

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999 Mbdlevin@aol.com wrote:

> makes Highsmith so memorable). Also not to be missed--even if Ripley is
> bizarrely miscast (Dennis Hopper)--is Wim Wenders "My American Friend" (Mein
> Amerikanisch Freund?--es tut mir leid, mein deutche is sehr rostlich). --Doug

Meine Amerikanisches Freund, I presume. Are there any other German films made from American HB/noir books? I just saw a new anthology of critical essays about relations between Hollywood and European film and there was an article about the American influences in German film. But do they go this far?

Juri jurnum@utu.fi