Re: RARA-AVIS: Goodis adaptations (was Hitchcock & Leonard)

Bruce Townley (btownley@sirius.com)
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 18:43:46 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999 at 08:56 Mark Sullivan sent: Re: RARA-AVIS: Goodis adaptations (was Hitchcock & Leonard)

>Speaking of Goodis adaptations, not to mention directors past their
>prime, one of, if not the last film of Samuel Fuller's was an absolutely
>horrendous adaptation of Street of No Return, a shoddy production made
>in Germany (I think), starring Keith Carradine as a fallen rock star.
>Just terrible.

Terrible's the word. I'd rather go to the dentist then have to sit through STREET OF NO RETURN again. More's the pity, when you consider that Fuller made PICKUP ON SOUTH STREET so many years earlier, it <really> hit the spot.

Bruce T. = btownley@sirius.com
"Who is safe in home with TEENAGE WEREWOLF abroad, with streets under sway of BEAST WITH A THOUSAND EYES? People think these things are jokes, but they are wrong, it is dangerous to ignore a vision, consider Bane-Hipkiss, he has begun to bark."

-Donald Barthelme, "Hiding Man"