RARA-AVIS: [RARA-AVIS] simenon question

ejm duggan (ejmd@cwcom.net)
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 10:15:24 +0000

Look up the films by title on the internet movie database (try http://uk.imdb.com if you're in europe) and you'll probably find not only info about the source texts, but also links via which you can buy the video/dvd.

> Actually, I'm trying to put together a reading list of anything
> hardboiled
> that became French Nouvelle Vogue (Truffaut, Chabrol, Goddard, etc).

Truffaut filmed a couple of David Goodis books: _Tirez sur le pianiste_ was based on Goodis's _Down There_ (and I'm sure there's another, but I can't remember off the top of my head what it is). Beneix's _La Lune dans le caniveau_ is based on Goodos's _Moon in the Gutter_

> (such as Tim Krabbe - THE VANISHING - which has two movie versions)
> also would be appreciated.

See John O'Thompson, [can't recall the title] on the two films of The Vanishing in Deborah Cartmell and Imelda Whelehan, eds, _Pulping Fictions_ I don't have a copy to hand, but I've reviewed this book and you can check the details here:
< http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/film/journal/index.htm#book rev>

ED