RARA-AVIS: [RARA-AVIS] simenon question

A. Ferraiolo (a.ferraiolo@worldnet.att.net)
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 09:19:20 +0100

Does anyone on the list know offhand which George Simenon novels became the movies BETTY and MONSIEUR HIRE? Where I could get them? I've been trying to figure it out and I'm sure it's a question someone better read just knows top of mind. Thanks --- Angela

Actually, I'm trying to put together a reading list of anything hardboiled that became French Nouvelle Vogue (Truffaut, Chabrol, Goddard, etc). And then another list of novels that became Hitchcock films. Any advice on these two endeavors would be very welcome. Any leads that would open up new areas would (such as Tim Krabbe - THE VANISHING - which has two movie versions) also would be appreciated.

Thanks, thanks, thanks --- Angela