Re: RARA-AVIS: A Bunch of Books I'm Curious About

Juri Nummelin (jurnum@utu.fi)
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 10:53:17 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Doug Bassett wrote:

> Edward S. Aarons -- Don't Cry, Beloved
> More generally, what do you guys think of the
> non-Sam Durell Aarons?

I've read "The Net" (1947 or something like that) and it wans't bad. A little confused plot at times and the protagonist's macho attitude got to my nerves at the end, but nevertheless not bad noirish book.

"Don't Cry, Beloved"?! What was the name of Alan Paton's famous novel? "Cry, Beloved Country"? Is Aarons commenting on Paton?

Juri jurnum@utu.fi