Re: RARA-AVIS: Woolrich story or novel

William Denton (
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 19:12:30 -0500 (EST)

On 11 December 1999, Jim Beaver wrote:

: I'm looking for a Cornell Woolrich piece called "The Dancing Detective." In
: searching the ABE, I've found references to it as (apparently) a novel and
: possibly (also?) a short story magazine piece. I'm looking for whatever is
: the most complete version, if indeed more than one version exists. Does
: anyone know the story or its publication information?

     * "Dime a Dance" (aka "The Dancing Detective") (Black Mask, February
       1938) and
     * Death Is My Dancing Partner (Pyramid #G374, 1959)

Maybe a Woolrigian will know if there's a connection. (_Death Is My Dancing Partner_! What a title.)

William Denton : Toronto, Canada : : Caveat lector.