Re: RARA-AVIS: Philip Kerr

Mark Sullivan (AnonymeInc@webtv.net)
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 14:39:36 -0500 (EST)

Bill, I beg to differ. I thought A Philosphical Invesigation was great and I'm not much of a fan of SF. And it's just barely set in the future, where there are DNA files like current fingerprint files. And how far in the future is that? Not too long ago, Janet Reno suggested just that, recording the DNA of all arrestees (or was it convictees).

Anyway, Bill, I do suggest you try the Berlin Noir triology. They are very good traditional Chandleresque PI tales set in Germany around the time of WW II. Highly recommended.

Mark