Re: RARA-AVIS: A Bunch of Books I'm Curious About

Bill Crider (abc@wt.net)
Thu, 09 Dec 1999 18:57:15 -0600

I think Robert Caine Frazer is a pen-name used by John Creasey, not Jon Cleary. But I've been wrong before.

I much prefer Warren Murphy in his goofy mode. The Destroyer books he wrote with Sapir are hilarious, and his own series about the white cop and the black cop (which was the basis for LETHAL WEAPON) was also a lot of fun. But I was disappointed in THE CEILING OF HELL.

THE NEBRASKA QUOTIENT is a not-bad p.i. novel. I don't think Reynolds is writing any more, however.

The non-Durrell Aarons books are pretty uneven. I haven't read DON'T CRY, BELOVED.

Bill Crider