RARA-AVIS: Loren Estleman

McHale, Steve (SMcHale@filenet.com)
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 07:41:31 -0800

Bill: all the Amos Walkers are good. Some are better than others. My favorite is Sweet Women Lie. I have not read the last two in the series. In some of them, he does blatant borrowing (or "homage") to Chandler. But that's OK. They are still good.

I've read some of the non-Walker novels: Stress, King Of The Corner and Edsel. They aren't hard boiled. They are more social commentary than anything else.