RARA-AVIS: Leather Guys

abc@wt.net
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 07:32:08 +0600

Juri: Unfortunately, I _have_ read THE LEATHER ALBATROSS, which title I believe refers to the main character's shoulder holster. But I could be wrong. It's been many, many years. All I really remember now is that I thought the book really bit the moose (to use a Joe Lansdale expression).
 On the other hand, I haven't read the Columbus book by Stephen Marlowe.
 It got pretty good reviews, however. The one with Poe, THE LIGHTHOUSE AT THE END OF THE WORLD, was even reviewed in such high-toned publications as THE NEW YORKER. It's a very interesting book, and the more you know about Poe, the more you're likely to enjoy it.

Bill Crider