RARA-AVIS: Dan J. Marlowe

abc@wt.net
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 07:40:40 +0600

Bob Toomey asks about what happened to Dan J. Marlowe and about Marlowe's memory loss. I believe Marlowe suffered the memory loss because of a stroke.
 Al Nussbaum, an ex-con whom Marlowe had helped get a start as a writer, took care of Marlowe for a while and helped him get back to writing. Marlowe did one or two books in the "Phoenix Force" series for Gold Eagle, I think.
 He also did a couple of very thin paperbacks (actually they were short stories in book format) for young "reluctant" readers. He died a few years ago.

Bill Crider