Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Non-series (was April Evil)

Bob Toomey (
Tue, 07 Dec 1999 01:21:20 -0500

Mark Sullivan wrote:
> Anyone who's read one of his Earl Drake novels knows Dan J. Marlowe can
> write great caper books. Four For the Money (I think that's the title,
> it's in a box) is an excellent non-series one.

STRONGARM is also very good. THE NAME OF THE GAME IS DEATH, the first book in the Drake series, is a mean little classic in its own right. In fact, I doubt Marlowe intended it to be a series, given the ending.

Does anybody know what happened to Dan J. Marlowe? I seem to recall hearing he lost his memory at some point, stopped writing and, when he read his own novels he couldn't remember them, but thought they weren't bad.