Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Ellroy in Carolina and a couple of finds

Bill Hagen (billha@ionet.net)
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 00:07:13 -0600 (CST)

BD writes, about why Ellroy's archives would go to S. Carolina:

>I thought somebody else would have answered this by now. When asked this
>very question, Ellroy said, "they never asked."
>
>Unlike detective fiction, usually the correct answer is the most obvious one.

I would add that South Carolina has aggressively sought contemporary American writers' materials for some years. I believe the university was behind the excellent American Short Story series of films, shown on public television.

Bill Hagen
<billha@ionet.net>