RARA-AVIS: Rava-avis: Aliens/Chandler-Marlowe Short Stories

Rebecca Hippert (sunfish@gypsyfish.com)
Mon, 06 Dec 1999 12:15:25 -0500

At 11:34 AM 12/6/99 -0500, you wrote:

> William Denton wrote:
>
> If aliens land and declare Earth a theme park, you shouldn't
>read about it here.
>
>----
>What if the aliens wear fedoras, smoke cigarettes, and talk like Humphrey
>Bogart?
>
>Tribe

Perhaps if the theme was dark, they had a firm sense of place and a personal moral code. Or am I getting hard-boiled aliens confused with noir again?

I recently read a collection of short stories based on the Marlowe character. The editor is Byron Preiss and some of the writers are Estleman, Crais, Lutz, Gorman, Randisi, Kaminsky.

The book is published by ibooks, Inc., and came out in 10/99. ibooks has a web site at http://www.ibooksinc.com

Rebecca sunfish@stratos.net