Re: Non-Marlowe Chandler [Was: RARA-AVIS: Re: April Evil]

James Rogers (
Mon, 06 Dec 1999 09:44:38 -0600

At 01:25 PM 12/6/99 +0000, Mr. Duggan wrote:

>AFAIK, the only oddity in the Chandler ouevre is a one-off sci-fi story,
>called something like 'Brass Door' or 'Bronze Door'.
   Oh yeah, I forgot that one. It ran in John W. Campbell's Unknown Worlds. Very good story, as I recall.

>On the subject of Marlowe, can anyone here offer any pointers to
>secondary reading on Marlowe and LA?

      I have a sort of photographic-essay book on LA called _Chandlertown_ with references to the locales in various stories. I also seem to remember a similar book that came out a few years ago.