Re: RARA-AVIS: Dumb Question by a Non-Hard-Boiled Reader

Bill Hagen (
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 22:53:30 -0600 (CST)

On the absurdist side, W. Spanos' early article on postmodern fiction used the P.I. as an entrance to the problems of being; article entitled "The Detective at the Boundary"or something like that. Believe the Latin/S. American magic realists used hard-boiled style and/or P.I. patterns in some of their novels too.

Bill Hagen