RARA-AVIS: Mari Hall

TERRILL LANKFORD (TOLANKFORD@webtv.net)
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 01:50:09 -0800 (PST)

I'm shocked to hear of Mari Hall's passing. I had no idea that she had cancer. Did I miss mention of her illness on the list or did she just keep it to herself like one of the stoic heroes of the crime fiction she admired?

I met Mari a few years ago at Left Coast Crime and she impressed me as a friendly, knowledgable fan of hardboiled fiction. A true believer. And, as she would probably like to be remembered, "A tough, classy dame."

I'll miss Mari's informed, supportive, presence in the mystery community, a community which just grew considerably smaller.

TL