Re: RARA-AVIS: Sensitive detectives

Mario Taboada (matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 14:57:25 -0800 (PST)

Joseph Johnston:

<<I wonder if some would argue that Easy Rawlings wasn't harbioled because the events of the plot took over so much and made him appear to lose control of things so often.>>

Mosley is a master hardboiled writer. His subplots are as good as everything he does. Please excuse the apodictic nature of this paragraph, but I say it with conviction. Whether my conviction is worth anything is another matter...

Besides, Rawlins is not a P.I. and Mosley's stories aren't predominantly mysteries. One reason why there are subplots is that he has a wonderful gallery of characters.

Regards,

mt