RARA-AVIS: Ed McBain On Pulp Writing

southpaw@altavista.net
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 16:43:34 -0400

The New York Times has an infrequent series of pieces by writers on the life and craft of writing. So far, the likes of Saul Bellow, Annie Proulx, and Richard Ford have weighed in.
     Going through the archive of these articles, I was taken with Ed McBain's witty missive on writing pulp fiction, and of different subgenres to the pulp story.

The article is entitled, "She Was Blond. She Was in Trouble. And She Paid 3 Cents a Word." and it was published in the NYT last March. The entire article can be found at:

http://www10.nytimes.com/library/books/032999mcbain-writing.html

Here's a quote: