RE: RARA-AVIS: Sensitive detectives

Bruce Townley (btownley@sirius.com)
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 22:02:08 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999 at16:02 Tribe sent: RE: RARA-AVIS: Sensitive detectives

>Horace McCoy wrote the incandescent They Shoot Horses, Don't They? He also
>wrote I Should Have Gone Home, which I found to be akin to a bad Nathaniel
>West. But he is one of the greats just on the basis of They Shoot Horses...

Thanks very much for the above information. I actually already own a copy of HORSES (in the Library of America CRIME NOVELS two volume set), just had connected Mr. McCoy's name with his work. Now I look forward to reading it even more.

Bruce T. = btownley@sirius.com

"Sure I live bad. But at least I don't have to work at it."

-SLACKER