RE: RARA-AVIS: Sensitive detectives

John & Carrie (johncarrie@sprynet.com)
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 16:02:30 -0500

On Wed, 01 Dec 1999 at 02:08 James Rogers sent: Re: RARA-AVIS: Sensitive detectives

> You're kidding. You don't consider James Cain
>or Horace McCoy hardboiled?

Well, of course Cain is hardboiled. Probably didn't think to mention him because his influence on the style is so pervasive, so big that he kind of goes <with>out saying. Not familar with Horace McCoy, though.

Bruce T. = btownley@sirius.com

----- Horace McCoy wrote the incandescent They Shoot Horses, Don't They? He also wrote I Should Have Gone Home, which I found to be akin to a bad Nathaniel West. But he is one of the greats just on the basis of They Shoot Horses...

Tribe