RARA-AVIS: Stark

Bruce Townley (btownley@sirius.com)
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 21:19:59 -0800 (PST)

My sister described to me an interview that she'd heard with Donald Westlake a while back. Think it was on National Public Radio, but she wasn't really specific. Anyhow, my sis said that Westlake said that when he's writing a Stark novel he more or less has to psych himself into a somewhat unfamilar mind-set. Mentally, he more or less <becomes> Parker, in some small way, anyway. Westlake opined as how his wife had as little to do with him when he's writing a Stark book as possible. Guess she finds the alteration, while temporary, rather creepy.

Bruce T. = btownley@sirius.com

"Sure I live bad. But at least I don't have to work at it."

-SLACKER