Re: RARA-AVIS: Fredric Brown

Doug Bassett (dj_bassett@yahoo.com)
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 14:12:34 -0800 (PST)

--- hugh <hugh@pinn.net> wrote:
 The
> intro mentions three novels, "The Fabulous
> Clipjoint," "The Screaming
> Mimi" and "The Far Cry," which I plan to seek out.
> Any others worthy of
> mention?

Fredric Brown is one of my favorite writers in this genre, and all three of the novels you mention are classics/must-reads. I can also recommend His Name Was Death, The Lenient Beast, and (if you can find it) Night of the Jabberwock.

A lot of Brown's stuff is stupidly out of print, but in my (limited) experience Brown was an amazingly consistent writer. I'm willing to bet that everything he wrote is at least worth a look.

Later, Doug

===== Doug Bassett dj_bassett@yahoo.com