Re: RARA-AVIS: RE: RARA-AVIS Digest V2 #975

Doug Bassett (
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 13:46:00 -0800 (PST)

--- "McHale, Steve" <> wrote:
> Bruce: let me assure you that those Fullers are
> first rate postwar
> hard boiled.
> Some of his others:
> Pace That Kills
> Brad Dolan's Miami Manhunt
> Brad Dolan's Blonde Cargo
> Tight Squeeze
I read Miami Manhunt a long time ago, and though I've since gotten rid of it (it was a very worn copy, literally falling apart in my hands) I do remember liking it a great deal. It reminded me a lot of the Travis McGee series -- here again we've got a marginal/drifter-type Florida figure who gets himself involved in crime and spends a lot of time on boats.

McDonald's a much better writer, of course. Still, I too would be interested in learning more about Fuller.

===== Doug Bassett