Re: RARA-AVIS: Sensitive detectives

Mario Taboada (matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 18:02:46 -0800 (PST)

Jason:

<<Most of the subscribers to this service will dread discussing this issue and will regard it as simply bashing certain authors (i.e. Sue Grafton).>>

This statement does not reflect what I've been reading here since rara-avis started. The issue has been discussed several times, and negative opinions of Sue Grafton have not been scarce. In fact, the majority of participants have complained that private eyes had gotten too soft, to the detriment of the genre. As far as I can remember, it was Kevin Smith who complained about Grafton-bashing (and, being the compleat gentleman that he is, he only complained once, and humorously).

Regards,

mt