Re: RARA-AVIS: Hard-boiled Authors of the 20th Century

Juri Nummelin (jurnum@utu.fi)
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 15:45:20 +0200 (EET)

On Sat, 20 Nov 1999, Etienne Borgers wrote:

> So why not to organize for a list of
> *Hard-Boiled/Noir* authors elected by the Rara Avians,
> and widely publish the results?

Here here! I totally second that emotion. Lists can be intriguing and give some new information.

> We could go under these lines:
> A. name 5 authors published originally in English you
> consider as the bests (no order!)
> in each of the 2 categories (total 10):

Suits me.

> * 1920 to 1950
> * 1951 to 1990

I thought this one over and wanted to make objections, but came to conclusion that it would've been unnecessary. All the suggestions I had were too difficult to do.

> B. Name max. 5 authors originally published in another
> language (= not in English) you consider as your
> favorites amongst foreign HB/Noir

Sounds OK.

> Results of this consultation could be issued here
> before 31 December (?)

And why not publish it in the wider media, in the press and so on?

Juri jurnum@utu.fi