Re: RARA-AVIS: Hard-boiled Authors of the 20th Century

Etienne Borgers (freeweb@rocketmail.com)
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 02:27:33 -0800 (PST)

  - the split for foreign languages authors is done, as per my conviction, because it will give a better chance to some of the very good foreign authors that were not, or scarcely, translated into English. I think the Mailing List is cosmopolitan enough to bring something out of that domain (hopefully)

-In my first proposal, it was implicit that the numbers of names in each category had to be understood
'up to' as they were given as 'maximum'. This, IMO, to avoid that some answers include names only for the sake of reaching the required numbers.

E.Borgers Hard-Boiled Mysteries http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384