RARA-AVIS: Richard Neely

abc@wt.net
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 08:31:07 +0600

As I mentioned, Richard Neely's books probably don't fit this list, but he's certainly worth reading. One of his best books is THE WALTER SYNDROME, and like most of the others it has a very tricky ending. Sometimes Neely's trick endings don't work, but most of the time they do. He was one of the best at that sort of thing. The book I mentioned the other day, THE DAMNED INNOCENTS, was made into a movie called (I think) DIRTY HANDS. I'm working with a seriously flawed memory here, but maybe Rod Steiger starred in it.

Bill Crider