RE: RARA-AVIS:Made In USA (was: French films etc)

Etienne Borgers (freeweb@rocketmail.com)
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 00:44:02 -0800 (PST)

--- Juri Nummelin <jurnum@utu.fi> wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, Martha Fischer wrote:
> > made in USA is ostensibly a
> > remake of howard hawks' the big sleep, with anna
> karina in the bogart role.
> > however, the film is actually a mass of
> self-reference, and the plot is
> > negligible at best.
SNIPPED
> But I still
> maintain that the film is
> based on Stark's "The Jugger".

Here I agree with Juri. Made In USA (1966) by Godard, was loosely based on The Jugger- a Parker novel by R. Stark Most of the fictitious characters appearing in that film had famous names taken from Hollywood's actors and directors, as well as from the American political scene.

The Big Sleep- has already too many remakes or
"inspired by..." films!!

E.Borgers Hard-boiled Mysteries http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384