Re: RARA-AVIS: Gun, with occasional music

Mark Sullivan (AnonymeInc@webtv.net)
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 23:11:16 -0500 (EST)

I agree with Neil about Lethem's Gun, it's weird, but great. I'm not a big fan of sci-fi, my reaction to a lot of it is, great idea, why'd they have to set it in the future, in space, etc. Gun needs to be set in its alternate world and great use is made of this world and its peculiarities, especially its drugs and their effect on memory. It is totally unlike Motherless Brooklyn, but it has the same interest in language and hardboiled/PI conventions.

Mark