RARA-AVIS: Angel Heart and Questions on Richard Neely

Doug Bassett (dj_bassett@yahoo.com)
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 16:37:15 -0800 (PST)

In case anyone didn't know, Angel Heart is based on William Hjortsberg's excellent novel Falling Angel. Hjortsberg's book isn't really a hardboiled novel so much as it is a supernatural novel that borrows hardboiled structures and motifs, but I think that adventurous fans on this list would probably enjoy it. The movie's great, too -- I've nursed an unrequited love for Lisa Bonet ever since I first saw it, many years ago.

Regarding Richard Neely, who was he? Did he do anything else beside The Plastic Nightmare? Nobody ever seems to talk about him...

Later, Doug

===== Doug Bassett dj_bassett@yahoo.com