RE: RARA-AVIS: Ellroy/Dick Contino

B. Cox (
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 10:54:42 -0800

"Not only was Dick Contino the "Rudoph Valentino of the accordion,"
(sigh) he made a movie. But the name of it escapes me. It was a late Fifties movie with fast cars. (Well,that narrows it down.) For some reason, the title "Daddy-O" sticks in my head, but I could well be wrong."

According to IMDB, Dick Contino acted in The Beat Generation, 1959 (playing
"the singing beatnik"), Daddy-O, 1959, Girls Town, 1959 and The Big Night, 1960.