RE: RARA-AVIS: le samourai and John Woo

B. Cox (
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 18:11:08 -0800

"Somebody brought up John Woo's name in the discussion of French crime films. Yes, "The Killer" was heavily influenced by le samourai. Woo's own work is, I think, often heavily "noirish" and atmospheric, especially in my favorite movie of his, Bullet in the Head."

And "Bullet in the Head" is a direct rip-off, er homage, to The Deerhunter.