Re: RARA-AVIS: That Mother Goose was one hardboiled dame....

Mark Blumenthal (
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 02:24:56 -0600

 Etienne Borgers wondered,
> And what about the so called fairy tales?
> A lot of them, pure SM, hard-boiled in the best cases
> and real gore on a daily routine.
> Did you ever think about "Little Red Hood"?
> Well, this is certainly the ancestor of Hannibal...
> (by the wolf, I mean).
They could be discussed as hard boiled vs soft boiled also. The original
'Hood', like a lot of the fairy tales, was pretty gruesome, but I've seen versions where all the characters live happily on. In a world dominated by PC a grandmother couldn't actually be killed and eaten, and we certainly can't discriminate against a minority group such as wolves! Mark