Re: RARA-AVIS: Charles Williams

Juri Nummelin (jurnum@utu.fi)
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 17:25:17 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Anders Engwall wrote:

> And if you have the chance, go see the movie Truffaut
> made from it in 1983: VIVEMENT DIMANCHE. Apparently it
> has two different English titles, FINALLY SUNDAY and
> CONFIDENIALLY YOURS. A gem, nevertheless.

Orson Welles made a movie based on "Dead Calm" (sorry, can't remember the original name), called "The Deep". It was almost finished, but then money ran out and Peter Benchley's book came and Welles dropped the whole thing. Has the Welles movie been ever released, on video or DVD? In James Naremore's wonderful book about Welles he seems to think it's pretty good. (And I think Phillip Noyce has never been better. The story must be good.)

Juri jurnum@utu.fi