Re: RARA-AVIS: Murder off the Rack

Bob Toomey (btoomey@javanet.com)
Tue, 09 Nov 1999 23:47:27 -0500

Westlake's article on Peter Rabe is particularly interesting. For those who haven't made Rabe's acquaintance -- pretty easy to do; he's been out of print for years -- pick up _Pure Pulp_ a new pb anthology edited by Greenberg, Gorman & Pronzini. It's close to 600 pages of, uh, Pure Pulp fiction, with excellent stories by Fredric Brown and Leigh Brackett among others and, as a real bonus, a complete reprinting of _The Box_, one of Rabe's best novels.

BobT