Re: RARA-AVIS: Man with the Getaway Face - Backflash

Mark Blumenthal (blumenidiot@21stcentury.net)
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 21:39:08 -0600

Neil Smith thinks,
> I think allowing Parker to change as he ages is a good thing, because his
> central personality is still there. He knows he's making a mistake or two
> in Backflash, which is what makes the book so interesting. I like the
idea
> of presenting him as still this hardcore cold guy, but how long can
anybody
> keep that up? So I know he's certainly not a cardboard cut-out, same in
> every book, nothing to look forward to.

Yet Westlake has been quoted saying that he made a big mistake by writing The Jugger because it was totally out of character for Parker to have tried to help Sheer. Mark