Re: RARA-AVIS: Man with the Getaway Face - Backflash

Staffars Serier (boss@staffars.se)
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 04:31:22 +0100

Mark Blumenthal :

>I reread 'Getaway' right after I read Backflash. It seems Parker is getting
>softer.

Might be he's actually getting older? I haven't read 'Getaway' , but the impression I got from "Comeback" was that a number of years really had passed since "Butcher's Moon".

(...)
> He also takes a job proposed to him by somebody he
>doesn't trust who has his phone number. He always had Joe Sheer or some
>other intermediary to screen calls before.

No, not "some other". The only other one was Handy McKay, who quit his retirement in "Butcher's Moon". So who would Parker trust now? Mind you, I think that's Westlake slippin up, but still...

/Staffar