Re: RARA-AVIS: Man with the Getaway Face - Backflash

a.n.smith (
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 20:16:26 -0600

I think allowing Parker to change as he ages is a good thing, because his central personality is still there. He knows he's making a mistake or two in Backflash, which is what makes the book so interesting. I like the idea of presenting him as still this hardcore cold guy, but how long can anybody keep that up? So I know he's certainly not a cardboard cut-out, same in every book, nothing to look forward to.

Bravo, Stark.

Neil Smith