RARA-AVIS: Re:deaths of hard boiled writers

Richard King (rking6king@netscape.net)
9 Nov 99 08:10:36 EST

>Has Williams' life (and death) ever been written about?

Ed Gorman has a fabulous essay about Charles Williams in MURDER OFF THE RACK: CRITICAL STUDIES OF TEN PAPERBACK MASTERS (Scarecrow Press, 1989). The essay is titled "Fifteen impressions of Charles Williams," and after reading the essay I started reading as much Charles Williams as I could find, and it isn't always easy to find. There is another writer named Charles Williams who was very prolific and wrote religious/philosophy novels (seems very boring to me, but what do I know?) who keeps getting in the way of my search for the other Charles Williams stuff.

Try LONG SATURDAY NIGHT, a Wrong Man novel, really gripping with an edge to it.

Richard King rking6king@netscape.net

____________________________________________________________________ Get your own FREE, personal Netscape WebMail account today at http://webmail.netscape.com.