Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Burton Combs (Was Delurking)

pabergin (
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 09:49:08 -0500

Bill writes: I don't know if Burton
>Combs is a person, or some guy named Burton collected combs, or what. Can
>someone explain the title?

It's been years since I read the story, so the details are hazy in the extreme (Daly not being particularly memorable), but I do recall that the unnamed "gentleman adventurer" who narrates is hired to impersonate the real Burton Combs, due to some perceived threat, hence the title. PB