Re: RARA-AVIS: Fred MacIsaac

Mario Taboada (
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 05:10:48 -0800 (PST)

<<Someone asked about violent deaths of hard boiled writers. Pulp writer Fred MacIsaac killed himself in 1940 after having not sold stories for six months.>>

The great Norbert Davis killed himself, for reasons that are not very clear; I think Charles Williams did too, by jumping off his boat. But these are not necessarily acts of violence.

===== Mario Taboada

"It is our belief that no writer can improve his work until he discards the dulcet notion that the reader is feeble-minded, for writing is an act of faith, not a trick of grammar."

E.B. White