Re: RARA-AVIS: Man With Getaway Face

Mark Sullivan (AnonymeInc@webtv.net)
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 16:48:10 -0500 (EST)

As far as the time flip goes, it wasn't that strange at the time the Stark books were written. It even showed up in movies like Kubrick's The Killing. (I haven't read White's book, is it structured the same way?) It seems to be only recently that it has become required that all books/movies must be told in a strictly linear fashion. Although it is nothing new to Tarantino (then again, what is original in Tarantino? Don't take that wrong, I'm a fan of his movies), I thank him for making it an acceptable storytelling device again.

Mark