Re: RARA-AVIS: Japanese movies (was Condominium)

Naomi Hoida (
Tue, 02 Nov 1999 22:17:41 +0900

Mark wrote:

>And if I remember correctly, A Taxing Woman's director
>Nobuku Miyamoto was cut in a drive-by slashing for
>poking fun at the Yakuza. He later commited ritual
>suicide after being publicly accused of adultery. By
>the way, I'm pretty sure the Taxing Woman was played
>by his wife.

Sorry my late response. I'd like to correct some .

A Taxing Woman's director is Juzo Itami. He was Nobuko Miyamoto's husband. Nobuko Miyamoto is the protagonist of the movie. Itami commited suicide.

Naomi Hoida e-mail CCR WEB PAGE