Re: RARA-AVIS: _Condominium_

Mario Taboada (
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 10:36:07 -0700 (PDT)

Bill: I had the strangest reaction while reading this book. One voice kept telling me it was pure trash, but another kept urging me to continue reading. I guess there's a particular fascination in seeing utterly corrupt people pull these kinds of scams.

On this same subject, I recall a wonderful Japanese movie from the eighties about gangsterism and huscksterism in the real estate industry (in big-city Japan). I can't recall the title right now, but it's definitely noir-hardboiled stuff (also very funny).