RARA-AVIS: accountant/detective

stephen holden (sjholden@hotmail.com)
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 05:27:15 PDT

Bill Denton wrote:

>A little while ago, when _Blue Lonesome_ was being read, there was >mention
>of some other writer's series featuring an accountant/detective. I >can't
>find it in the archives, so could someone please remind me?

There was an English writer in the 19602 called Clark Smith who wrote three novels about an accountant/detective, Nicky Mahoun. I'm sure they're out of print now. 'The Deadly Reaper', 'The Speaking Eye' and 'A Case of Torches' are the three. They can still be picked up secondhand in the old green Penguin editions.

-Stephen-