Mark Sullivan (
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 09:28:03 -0400 (EDT)

I went to a reading/signing by Lethem last Wednesday. He seems like a really nice guy and the reading made me happy I had just bought the book. I had read his earlier Gun with Occasional Music, which was an odd, but great mix of hardboiled (with a Chandler epigram) and Dickian sci-fi. I'm now about 50 pages into Motherless Brooklyn and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.